Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on September 28 from 7:00 – 9:00 pm at the Pitt Meadows Heritage Hall (Lower Floor), 12460 Harris Rd in Pitt Meadows. Refreshments will be provided. We can’t wait to see you all and share our exciting plans for next season! Memberships for 2014-15 will be available at the door and will be required for admission. Cash or cheque only, please. Bring a friend and introduce them to our award-winning community theatre!
Notice to Members:
Over the past few years, Emerald Pig Theatrical Society (EPTS) has not been collecting its membership dues for a number of reasons. Membership dues have not been a major source of income for the club, and keeping track of memberships was labour intensive. Recent grant applications have asked for our total membership number and it has been difficult to provide an accurate figure. For this reason the EPTS executive voted in November 2013 to start collecting membership dues again beginning August 1 of this year. Memberships are $10 for adults and $5 for students and seniors (65+) and run August 1 - July 31 annually. At the EPTS AGM on September 28, members will vote on a motion to add a family membership rate of $20 for families who reside under the same roof.
Benefits of Membership in Emerald Pig Theatrical Society:
• One free ticket to Members’ Night (opening night) of each production presented by Emerald Pig (value $18-22 each)
• News, events and information by email as soon as it is available
• Access to events, workshops, or education and development opportunities at a discount or at no-cost
• Opportunities to participate on-stage and backstage in productions
• Opportunities to participate in regional and provincial theatre festivals (Theatre BC membership required)
• Opportunities to vote at annual general meetings or participate as a board member
• Liability insurance coverage for participation in any theatre event
• Satisfaction in knowing you are supporting your local AWARD WINNING theatre company
All participants of our shows, both on stage and off, will be required to pay a membership fee. We feel this cost is very minimal compared to other theatre clubs and recreational activities, however, the executive of Emerald Pig may wave membership fees if hardship is presented.